Several views from Capernaum WyldLife Camp in FSU (Former Soviet Union) - Part II


You just read earlier in the week about the YL Capernaum Center in FSU.  Now here some perspectives from the Capernaum Wyldlife Camp held in FSU in the fall.

Sasha
Is there a way to make people pay attention to you, especially people you can't even start a conversation with? I run… You gotta run… You gotta run, not in order not to escape, but in order to run because they will be following you. They will run after you, stop by you, give you a hug and look right into your eyes. They will take your hand and ask: How have you been, Sasha?

Max
I'm going to a camp for kids age 10-14. They promised to assign an easy boy to me, so I could be able to do other things at the camp. And here I am, running! To be exact – catching up! An easy boy
turned out to be an easy going Sasha! No, it's not because he doesn't understand what he's doing, he's challenging me. And I know why I am here, my duty is to show love of God through my caring. I’m engaging him by being active, helping him experience joy, not to let him stay one on one with autism. Indeed, not an easy task!

I’ve gone through a “boot camp training” given by Sasha’s mom – Layla. I learned how to hold Sasha’s hand very tight, to sound confident when I speak with him, to show who’s the boss here. I thought I could do everything; it’s even funny now. Sasha changed me, and I hope he paid attention to me as I tried to be his friend, to understand him. Also they say we look alike.

Layla, Sasha's mother
I’m laying on the sun lounger, catching the sun rays, swimming in the pool… Nothing is bothering me, everything is being done for me! Am I dreaming? But where's Sasha? I got used to always being around him, I always know what he wants and where he goes, I’m always ready to be in charge of his safety.

Here I am in a place, where somebody else is loving and caring about my son! I am being loved and cared about too! Scrapbooking, games, conversations about our kids with other moms, all in all, warm and friendly atmosphere. I could only dream about that! I'm in the best camp in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Valentine's Day Club