James' Poem: A reflection of serving on Summer Staff

James spent a month serving on summer staff last summer. Since then, he has continued to walk with his Young Life leader and grow in his faith. Together they are pursuing Christ and leaning in to the truth. Recently James wrote this poem in reflection of his year post-summer staff! (We have permission from James to share this)

______________


God


I love that I awake with breath in my body


That you are in my mind and heart


God


I love that you took away sin no matter


How bad I screwed up


I know you are with me all the way so I


Pray to you


God


As often as I can


Even though I don't go on my knees


I do believe you will listen to my prayers


All I can really do is say thank you


God


For giving me a chance with


Life
--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Valentine's Day Club