Discipleship

Recently, an area in Northern Virginia took a really deep look at what discipleship might mean for their area. They were encouraged and challenged by the process. We wanted to share what they came up with…

Friends…
We call the kids that are participating in Capernaum our friends, but are they really? Are we developing friendships with them in a way that is reflective of the gospel? Or do we treat our
relationships with them more like work?

John 15:13-17
“Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his masters’ business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I have learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit- fruit that will last- and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.”

If they are true friends, than they are disciples…
  • Each one reach one…challenge each leader to go deeper with one Capernaum friend.
  • Be intentional and creative in helping our friends process the gospel.
  • Find and develop leadership roles at club.
  • After second time of camp we pushing kids towards work crew or summer staff.
  • Planning a discipleship camp trip.

Don’t assume that where they are at is where they will stay… keep asking: “What’s next?”.

How do you view your friends in Capernaum? Are you peers walking alongside of each other in a journey of growing in your faith together? Are you dreaming big for your friends and praying for God’s wisdom?

Have some great thoughts on discipleship with your friends? We’d love to see them!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club