Thriving on Summer Staff - James' Story

Thank you James for sharing your story!

Being on Summer Staff at Lake Champion this past July was the best experience of my life by far. It was better than any vacation I've been to so far, mainly because of the Summer Staff crew. They were strangers from all over the world that quickly became friends, and by the end of the month, we were
family.

At first, I was really nervous about making friends and fitting in. However, being united as followers of Jesus allowed us to become so close so quickly. Being brothers and sisters in Christ made everyone a lot more open with each other, which I’m not really used to. However, everyone amazed me by how open they were to sharing their testimonies and the hardships they’ve been through. Not only that, but I really got a better picture of how Jesus’ forgiveness has no limits by listening to everyones stories. It really challenged me to be more open with people, as God can use the work He is doing in people’s lives to encourage, inspire, and challenge others.

Also, being able to serve at camp was a blast. I worked at the snack bar and I loved it. I really enjoyed being able to interact with the campers and serve them directly. Being able to jam to great music with my snack bar Summer Staff crew while we were working was great too. I must admit, the
late nights cleaning up the snack bar were rough sometimes. Plus, after we got back from closing up the snack bar we sometimes stayed up late hanging in the lobby of Fox Run. The lack of sleep was totally worth it to be able to serve the campers and give them the best experience possible while they were learning about Jesus that week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club