Sam's Perspective: Thriving in Work Crew


Here’s another incredible post from one of our friends in Capernaum who spent his month thriving at Carolina Point! He and Mike (who shared his story in our last blog) served together in the dining hall for the month and both experienced Jesus in sweet, rich ways!



Carolina Point is a place where I have opportunities to meet new people, gain independence and expand on my relationship with God. This year I made a new friend named Mike. Mike was a part of the work crew as well. He stayed with me throughout the day and would assist me when needed. Each morning we began our day with a devotional and quiet time with God. Even though I was away from my family for a month , Because of the friendship I made with Mike I didn’t miss them very much. We were a part of the dining hall work crew. Our job meant we served at breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. For fun we went swimming, rode go carts, we went down a water slide, and we talked. We talked a lot about personal feelings and life experiences. Mike became a friend I will have for the rest of my life. Mike helped me thrive at Carolina Point. It’s my hope that everyone will get the chance to go to Carolina Point and meet a friend like my friend Mike.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club