Teaching Forgiveness

We received this email from a mom recently and wanted to share it. What a gift that as our friends as in Capernaum, they are learning about so much, including the gift of forgiveness.  


"I wanted to share something with you yesterday that your sermon brought to mind but I couldn't find you before the time came for Kit, Erin and me to leave.  One morning last week when Kit was in reverse instead of his usual neutral and I was fussing over whether we'd get into the garage downtown before the 9 AM cut off I was truly ugly to Kit.  By the time we got into the car I was a crazy woman and I could see that Kit was upset.  I took a deep breath, said a prayer and then said to Kit as calmly as I could.

"We need to come up with a better plan for the mornings than this.  This just is not working."  

We discussed and came up with a version of the same plan we always come up with and then I said to Kit "I am really sorry for the way I treated you this morning. I was rude and unkind (and the he added impatient to let me know he was listening) and I will try not to be like that in the morning again.  What an awful way to start our day."  

And he said "Thank you talking to me, Mom.  I forgive you."  

" Wow", I replied touched and surprised.  And he said "Remember when I wrote on Facebook that Clint was moving to DC and you said I had to apologize to him.  That what he said and I really liked it so this morning I giving it to you. Okay?" "


Forgiveness is a lovely gift.


May it be so of all of us...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club