Joy in Unexpected Places


A guest post by Travis Feaver

The other day I had the privilege of visiting students at Selma High who participated in the county's Adapted PE soccer event. These are students who deal with varying degrees of disability. 

Often, we feel a lot of emotions around those who have a disability. We often wish we could make a difference, make them “better," heal them of their “plight." But yesterday, I felt feelings of pride and perhaps even jealousy. 

I was proud of my friends who embrace life so fully; I was envious of their freedom. 

As we work toward starting a YL Capernaum ministry in South Fresno County, I am reminded of one of the meanings of the word Capernaum which is: Village of Comfort. The comfort that we speak of is a two way street. Yes, we provide comfort for our friends, but they also comfort and minister to us. I have found great joy in our friendships.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club