The Complete Opposite

A guest post by Molade Olubowale, originally posted on She Who... 


So let me start off by saying that when I say this week was the best week of my life, it is NOT an exaggeration. Sometimes you feel like you get glimpses and brushes with God but this week for me and God was FULL on. 


I was reminded this week by my leaders that we are all Jesus with skin on, not in the sense that we are called to be heroes but in that we are called to be a light. These kids showed me what it meant to be Jesus with skin on, they showed me genuine love, they showed pure joy, and an unexplainable excitement for life that honestly a teenager like me does not have all time.

When I say this week has changed me, do not get confused and think I mean that I saw these kids and their disabilities and realized how blessed I am and I was humbled. It is the COMPLETE opposite. This week I saw MY shortcomings, compared to these amazing kids. I saw my lack of life, I saw these kids wake up every morning beyond excited to be in Christ's presence and thankful to have such amazing leaders that were willing to share God with them. I saw hearts that were always filled, and a smile always waiting for me, because these kids loved life, and had a deeper understanding of it than I ever had.

There was no judgment this week, there was a bliss in being free, free to love the Lord. Free to be who you where you are, with no judgment. These kids took Carolina Point by storm and I know that everyone involved in this week is forever changed.

I heard kids profess their love for Christ loud and boldly like I have never heard in my entire life. I heard these kids grasp the concept of Christ better than I did and as well as a lot of people my age. I heard these kids say they wanted to invite Jesus into their heart and wanted to live in eternity with him. I stood in a dining room full of people while we decorated and iced cupcakes because life with Jesus is a party, and that was the type of party we wanted to celebrate. These kids showed me how far and how
vast God's love is. God's love isn't exclusive and it is for everyone. Old. Young. White. Black. Can't Walk. Can't Speak. It doesn't matter, and this week was such a beautiful way to experience it up close and personal. Young Life Capernaum
forever has a special place in my heart, God used this week to teach me major life lessons, and to change my heart, and I think to even refocus my path. His mercies are never ending and for that, I am thankful. I was blessed by my campers this week. I was also blessed that God was so evident to me this week in such
an extraordinary way. I will never be the same.   

Because like one of the leaders, Coop, I met this week says 

"We all have disabilities, you can just see some more prominently than others." 

And he hit that nail right on the head.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club