Maggie and Anna

Our fourth post in the series on how our friends in Capernaum are serving within the mission!


Maggie’s testimony

I was born in Thailand; I lived in an orphanage for 4 years. In Thailand their religion is Buddhism and I didn’t hear about Jesus. I moved to America and started to go to church. I loved going to church and praising God. One day I was sitting in VBS, and the pastor said, “If you want Jesus in your life come to the front”. I got baptized June 20, 2003 when I was 8 years old. It’s an amazing thing; every day I grow in the Lord Jesus Christ.

At Windy Gap, in 2013 I rededicated my life to Him and I want Him more than anything else.

What’s different since you’ve been home from camp?

I did not open my Bible often before camp. Since camp I have opened my Bible daily. Every night I read a few verses and the blue book devotion because that helps me get through my day. Every morning at camp, I would ask God to make my day go smoothly, and my devotional helped me get pumped up and
excited to get up and get dressed so I could shine His light and show Him in my personality. I learned this is not about me, I’m living for the Lord, and to be humble.

What was the most important lesson you learned at camp?
The most important lesson I learned 
was that He loves us so much. If you mess up or do something bad, He will love you so much more still. My boss Rebecca showed me this in the laundry. She taught me a lot of things I had not seen before.

What was your favorite part of camp?
On Sunday I was always fired up for Jesus because 
we would get new campers. 
My favorite thing during the week was “Say So” because the campers would stand up and say “I have Jesus in my heart, and I will not go back to the old way.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club