Never Be The Same

A guest post by Lindsay Frail

I have been a “typical” leader for 4 years now, and I have seen God’s love so brightly through them, through me and for me, it’s been beautiful. A few years ago God gave me a sweet friendship in my friend Brittany, who is on staff with YL Capernaum. I’ve loved seeing her receive God’s love and pour it out on her kids, I’ve loved watching, even going to some clubs and supporting her, it’s been a joy. I was called to typical kids, she was called to kids with special needs and we supported each other, and that was a good fit. And it was good, until God said He wanted more.

Camp time came, and don’t you know that not a single one of my girls signed up. I pushed forms on them for months, and they shot me down for months! Then one day Brittany asked if I wanted to take them as buddies, I thought “sure this would be fun!” I asked them and within 30-minutes of me asking, 6 of my girls had asked their parents and had signed up. So on our way to Capernaum camp we went.

Immediately, the second we got on the bus, I felt it. I knew God loved her friends, but the moment I got on the bus I knew God wanted me to see it, up close, He wanted to share that love, and that’s exactly what He did with all of us.

All week, the love of God POURED out of the campers, into the leaders, into the buddies and then back around to the campers. It was beautiful. It was like something that had been separated somewhere along the lines of life, was brought together just as God had intended. Us walking together as one big family of God, some pushing, some carrying, some walking, but all of us together. Singing, dancing and receiving the word of God together. None of us were above the other, none of us were less loved by God, we were all just loved and could celebrate in that together. The one thing my girls saw the brightest in our Capernaum friends was how their friends receive His love, they love His love and it taught my girls how to receive His love like that.

My girls came in thinking they were serving, but it was so much more. God formed friendships that were outside the typical, friendships that left them feeling more love then they came with. God pursued them to walk further out into the water, be uncomfortable, and to see how holy it would be. My high school friends saw Jesus at Capernaum camp, and none of them will ever be the same. I will never be the same.




Lindsay was born and raised in Lima Ohio and now calls Nashville TN home. She has been a volunteer YL leader for 4 years now in Williamson County TN. Her favorite thing about Capernaum is how much the joy of God is shone through it. He is loving and kind and joyful and it's so bright in Capernaum YL. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas/Winter Club Game Ideas

Great Visual for Club Talk on Sin

Valentine's Day Club